Helping your child reach maximum potential
Our pediatric therapy programs help children excel through physical, occupational and speech language therapy.
We offer therapy for children from birth to age 21 with a wide range of needs. Your child’s needs are unique, so our highly trained clinical team will create a specialized plan of care that is just right for your child. We will share your child’s progress with you throughout their care, because your involvement is vital to your child’s success with therapy.
Our approach to care
Saco Bay understands that what you’re experiencing with your child is difficult; we want you to know that you’re not alone. We are committed to partnering with you in caring for one of the most important individuals in your life, your child.
Conditions we treat
We treat a variety of developmental, neuromuscular and orthopedic conditions. Our goal is to enhance your child’s participation in family, community and school activities — based on his or her age and development, as well as the long-term goals for your child.
Our pediatric physical therapy program can benefit children with conditions including:
- Brain trauma and injuries
- Cerebral palsy — a disorder affecting a child’s muscle tone, movement or posture
- Developmental delays
- General orthopedic — injuries to the bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles
- Genetic syndromes — Down syndrome (which can cause developmental and intellectual delays) and muscular dystrophy (which can impact muscle mass and strength)
- Gross motor skills — deficits including muscle strength, coordination and balance
- Hypertonia or hypotonia — abnormally high or weak muscle tone, respectively
- Post-concussion symptoms — headaches, dizziness and ringing in the ears
- Post-fracture care
- Spina bifida — a birth defect affecting the spinal cord
- Sports-related pain or poor posture
- Sprains and strains
- Torticollis — a condition causing the head to twist to one side
What to expect
We offer kid-friendly treatment areas tailored to your child’s needs. Our centers are designed to engage, motivate and encourage your child through the therapy process.
We use proven treatment and therapy methods to help your child achieve the best outcome. Our therapists typically deliver therapy in one-on-one settings, using play-based activities as appropriate.