ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation
Helping you live well beyond cancer
Fighting cancer takes a huge toll on your body. Up to 90 percent of individuals with cancer experience painful, function-limiting consequences brought on by chemotherapy, radiation and/or surgery. Cancer rehabilitation can help you prepare for treatment and maintain strength throughout your journey so you can get back to the things you care about most.
Comprehensive cancer care
ReVital is the first nationwide comprehensive cancer rehabilitation program of its kind. ReVital therapists receive extensive training in oncology rehabilitation and understand the unique challenges patients face while undergoing cancer treatment.
Our therapists choose to specialize in cancer rehabilitation because they want to help people thrive, not just survive. Whether it’s returning to the dance floor or going fishing again, our specially trained physical, occupational and speech therapists want you to have the strength and function to achieve your goals.
Working with a ReVital therapist can help you:
- Decrease pain and fatigue
- Improve balance and mobility
- Build strength and endurance
- Enhance memory and concentration
- Regain speech and swallowing abilities
- Improve bowel, bladder, and sexual function
- Reduce numbness and tingling
- Manage persistent swelling and other side effects
- Continue to engage in important daily activities and roles
What to expect
During your first session, a ReVital therapist will:
- Conduct a detailed review of your history to fully understand your cancer journey and any medical or functional issues that might affect your recovery.
- Perform a specialized assessment to understand your specific goals and establish baseline measurements of strength, balance, mobility, endurance and more. This information will be used to create a tailored treatment plan for you.
- Provide specific education on the effects cancer and its treatments can have on your body, along with tools to proactively manage potential side effects.
- Create a customized treatment plan that may include hands on therapy, an individualized home program and tailored exercises to help you overcome challenges and meet your goals.
Throughout your cancer rehabilitation sessions, your therapist(s) will communicate progress to your cancer care team to keep them updated.
The ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation Program is available in Saco Bay outpatient centers as well as via telerehab in the comfort of your home. From diagnosis through survivorship, our trusted team is here to support you throughout your journey.
For more information about the ReVital Cancer Rehabilitation Program, please visit revitalcancerrehab.com today.